Letterboxing And Pillarboxing
Return to Knowledge Base
Letterboxing occurs when the width is too large for the 16:9 aspect ratio; pillarboxing occurs when the height is too large. It is important to calculate the correct dimensions for your player to avoid any black bars.
- Black bars appear above and below your stream (letterboxing):
- Black bars appear on the sides of your stream (pillarboxing):
- Use the HDOnTap Player Sizing Tool to calculate the correct.
- Change the width and height parameters (highlighted) in your code as necessary:
- Save your changes and refresh your website. You should no longer see any letterboxing or pillarboxing.