Stream Embed Security
Return to Knowledge Base
You can control where your stream can be embedded by setting up Stream Security. With Stream Security setup, you can display a customized image when your stream is embedded on an unauthorized site, as well as redirect viewers to the website of your choice:
- Log in to the HDOnTap Portal and navigate to Streaming > Embed Configs:
If you are creating a new embed config, follow these instructions. If you are editing an existing embed config, click the edit icon for that config. In either case, set your security preferences in the Stream Security section:
- Enter the website(s) authorized to embed your stream in the Trusted Hosts field. Enter your domain without the "http://", both with and without the "www.", separated by a comma. Subdomains need to be explicitly included. For example: hdontap.com, www.hdontap.com, livecam.hdontap.com
- Enter the link viewers will be directed to when they click in the window if the screen is blocked in the URL When Stream Blocked field.
Tip: We recommend you use the URL for the page on your website where your stream is embedded.
- Select the image that will display when your stream is embedded on an unauthorized page in the Blocked Image drop-down.
Note: We have created the "Oops! Not Authorized" message for your convenience, however, you may upload a custom image if you prefer. Click here for instructions on uploading images.
- Click Save or Save Changes when finished.