Streaming To Youtube Live
Return to Knowledge Base
HDOnTap supports CDN Streaming to YouTube Live, enabling you to simultaneously stream directly to a YouTube channel.
- You must be an Admin.
- You must have your Portal login.
Contact your Customer Administrator or HDOnTap Support if you need assistance with your Portal credentials.
- Customer Control must be enabled for your stream.
Contact HDOnTap Support if you are unable to edit your stream.
- Stream Targets must be enabled for your account.
Contact HDOnTap Support if you need to enable stream targets for your account.
- Your stream must have audio, or be configured to provide silent audio.
Contact your HDOnTap Support if you need assistance with configuring silent audio.
- You must have a YouTube account with Live Streaming enabled. See YouTube's "Introduction to Live Streaming" for more information.
- Log in to the HDOnTap Portal and navigate to Streaming > Streams:
- Click the gear icon and click the stream target icon for the stream you would like to CDN to YouTube:
- Click Add New Stream Target and select Youtube Live from the drop-down menu:
Enter the Stream Target Name you would like to use. This is for internal use only and it is recommended that you follow the format "[Camera] [Company Abbreviation] [CDN Target, ie: YT for YouTube]".
For example: "Redtailhawk HDoT YT"
- Click the link to Create your Youtube Live Event, which will take you to your YouTube account. Give your event a title and fill out the additional sections (optional). Click Create Event.
Note: You must be logged into your YouTube Account.
- Select Single-use stream key, then copy the alpha-numeric code in the Stream Name:
- Return to your Portal tab and paste the stream key from YouTube into the Youtube Stream Name field. Click Add Target.
After your target has saved, you will see it in your Stream Targets list:
You can toggle the stream target on/off (Note: This will stop pushing your stream to YouTube), update your Stream Target Key or delete your stream target(Note: This will stop pushing your stream to YouTube).
- Return to your YouTube tab and click on Live Control Room. You should now see that your Stream Status is good:
To start streaming to YouTube, click the Preview button and then confirm that you want to preview your live event.
- Once your live stream preview is prepared, press play on the preview stream, then click the Start Streaming button and confirm that you would like to start streaming your live event:
You will now be able to (1) view your live event on the Watch page, or (2) stop streaming your event: