Updating A Stream’s RTSP URL
Return to Knowledge Base
The Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) URL is used to connect your IP camera to the HDOnTap Streaming Network and is unique to your camera based on its IP address, RTSP Port, username and password. While the HDOnTap Team will set up your IP camera initially, this RTSP URL may need to be updated if the IP address, RTSP port, username or password changes.
- Log in to the HDOnTap Portal and navigate to Devices in the left-side menu.
- Click the edit icon for the device you would like to update.
- Update the necessary information. Typically this will be the Public IP/Hostname, Username or Password. Click Save Changes when finished.
- Navigate to Dashboard (in the left-side menu) > Streaming > Streams:
- Hover over the gear icon and click the edit icon for the stream that corresponds to the device that was just updated:
- Click the Generate URL button to update the URL with the new information that you added to the device. Click Save and Restart Stream when finished.
- Additionally you can manually restart the stream by the following: hover over the gear icon and click the reset icon for the stream that corresponds to the device that was just updated:
- Click Reset in the confirmation dialog in the upper right corner of the screen. After resetting, you will see a Confirmation Message.
Your RTSP URL is now updated. Refresh any web pages displaying the stream embed to view.