PA Falcon #1
Pennsylvania Peregrine Falcons - Cam 1
Brought to you by the PA Department of Environmental Protection
Powered by HDOnTap
For more information on this falcon family, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection PA Falcon Cam information page.
- March 13, 2018 - First egg laid
- March 16, 2018 - Second egg laid
- March 18, 2018 - Third egg laid
- March 20, 2018 - Fourth egg laid
- April 19, 2018 - First and second hatch
- April 21, 2018 - Third hatch
- April 22, 2018 - Fourth hatch
Clutch of four eggs, three hatches, two fledges and one intervention
- March 8, 2017 - First egg laid
- March 10, 2017 - Second egg laid
- March 12, 2017 - Third egg laid
- March 15, 2017 - Fourth egg laid
- April 16, 2017 - First hatch
- April 18, 2017 - Second and third hatch
- May 10, 2017 - Banding by the PGC
The cameras were temporarily shut off while the Pennsylvania Game Commission banded the nestlings, during which time it was also determined that the eyasses numbered two males (blue- and red- banded) and one female (white-banded).
- May 25, 2017 - First fledge
"Blue" took an accidental first flight, landing on the roof of a nearby building. On May 26, 2017, the Environmental Education Center staff and interns recovered "Blue" and placed him on the nest ledge.
- May 26, 2017 - Second fledge
"Red" took his first flight, successfully landing on the nearby Harrisburg University Building and other nearby buildings.
- May 27, 2017 - Third fledge & Blue's accident
"White" took her first flight. "Blue" collided with nearby buildings. The young male landed in the street and was subsequently rescued by the falcon watch and rescue volunteers. The volunteers transported "blue" to a nearby wildlife rehabilitator, where it recovered from a concussion.
- June 13, 2017 and beyond- "Blue" released and subsequent injuries
"Blue" was returned and released onto the building's roof. After a possible collision with a nearby building, the young falcon became grounded and was rescued and moved to the Red Creed Wildlife Center. It was determined on June 22, 2017, via X-ray that the bird's liver was underdeveloped and may be the root cause of the overall development delays. It was announced on September 8, 2017, that "Blue" will never fully develop and cannot be released into the wild.
Click the menu icon in the upper left of the player to see more videos.
These community guidelines will provide a practical and ethical guide for using HDOnTap.com as well as set forth HDOnTap's official policies on acceptable community behavior and community rules. Guidelines may be updated from time to time. By reading, posting and participating in the HDOnTap community, you agree to abide by these community guidelines.
Comments on the HDOnTap.com website are facilitated through Spot.IM - user support for Spot.IM is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and is not directly provided by HDOnTap. Users are required, to create a Spot.IM account in order to post comments. Posts that fail automatic moderation (see more on this below) are subject to moderator review prior to being posted and may be subject to up to a two-day delay.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Keep your comments focused on the topic at hand.
- Be polite and remember the "Golden Rule".
- No spamming, baiting or trolling.
- Limit personal information.
- Comments can be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Users can be banned at the discretion of the moderators.
You may only have one account per person. Multiple accounts for the same person will be removed and the originating IP Address may be blacklisted.
Please keep posts on topic. With regard to nest cams specifically, information on other nests may be limited or removed, especially when the featured nest is active. This is to limit confusion for community members and is at the sole discretion of HDOnTap staff and Live Cam Ambassadors.
Content that falls under the following is subject to immediate removal and potential user ban. Please note that this list is not exclusive and all moderation is at the ultimate discretion of HDOnTap.
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
- Trolling, impersonation or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off track
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content
- Spam or link baiting
- Acknowledgment of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of this community
Banned users who attempt to circumvent their ban status may be subject to a complete IP ban and inability to access the HDOnTap website. Additionally, non-banned users are prohibited from posting on a banned user's behalf, and are subject to ban as a result.
On occasion, legitimate posts may fail automatic moderation and be marked as "Spam". When this occurs, the post will not be visible until it is manually moderated (subject to a 2-day delay). Users are encouraged to consider the following best practices to avoid the moderation queue:
- Avoid posting in all caps or with excessive capitalization
- Avoid posting with excessive punctuation
- Avoid rapid, repetetive posts of a similar or identical nature
Moderators and Moderation
HDOnTap.com is moderated by HDOnTap staff as well as appointed Live Cam Ambassadors. All moderators will be identified as such next to their display name.
Moderators will use their best judgment to apply these guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of the HDOnTap community. Moderators may not have the time or inclination to explain their moderation decisions and are under no obligations to do so. Any activity, comments, posts or other interaction that you may have with this community may be moderated, with or without explanation. Moderators have the final decision on what is and isn't acceptable use of this community.
Community members may also flag posts if they believe something may be in violation of our Community Guidelines. Once a post has been flagged, it will be reviewed by the moderation team. If a post has received multiple flags, it may be temporarily removed from the comments stream pending review.
Advertising, self-promotion and repeated posts of the same content - even a well thought out comment - are all considered spam and are subject to removal.
If you are not sure if something you want to post will breach community guidelines or in the event that you have a disagreement with a moderator, please contact email@example.com. Please note that response to inquiries of this kind are at the discretion of HDOnTap.
Last Edited on 2018-3-10
Help and Technical Support
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue!
Get support for issues with comments (including log in issues) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report an issue with the information on this page by emailing us.
Report an issue with another viewer by hovering over their post and clicking the down-arrow on the right, then selecting "Report". You may also report by creating a comment and tagging "@hdontap" to notify us directly.
If you need assistance not covered above, please reach out to us at email@example.com.