Ramona Barn Owls
A 24/7 LIVE VIEW INTO RAMONA, CALIFORNIA'S BARN OWL NEST BOX
"Barney" & "Dottie"
• Powered by HDOnTap
Welcome to the 2019 Nesting Season!
ABOUT THE RAMONA BARN OWLS
Watch the resident Barn Owl parents, and their annual Blowfish Babies as they entertain us with their captivating life! Each year, they dazzle us with their chaotic courtship and bless us with the opportunity to witness their owlets' birth and development.
Barn Owls nest in many kinds of structures including tree cavities, buildings, barn lofts and nest boxes. Barn Owl females make "nests" using their own regurgitated pellets, shredded with their feet and arranged in a cup. Unlike most birds, owls may use their nest sites for roosting throughout the year. Nest sites are often reused from year to year. The Barn Owl clutch size can range from 2-18 eggs and the incubation period is about 29 to 34 days.
ABOUT THE RAMONA BARN OWL CAM
This camera is located on a private residence in Ramona, California (outside of San Diego). The weather is extremely warm and the prey extremely abundant - this attracts plenty of barn owls! This is the fourth year for this pair. Watch this owl family inside their nest box for an intimate glimpse into nature.
Seaon Summary: A clutch of six eggs, six hatches, four fledges
- February 15, 2019 - Camera turned on for the season
- March 14, 2019 - First egg laid @ 3:30 PM PST
- March 16, 2019 - Second egg laid @ 3:00 PM PST
- March 18, 2019 - Third egg laid @ 5:40 PM PST
- March 21, 2019 - Fourth egg laid @ 2:41 AM PST
- March 23, 2019 - Fifth egg laid @ 12:40 AM PST
- March 26, 2019 - Sixth egg laid @ 8:20 AM PST
- April 14, 2019 - First hatch ("Woodsy") @ 6:52 AM PST
- April 16, 2019 - Second hatch ("Weeble") @ 12:01 AM PST
- April 17, 2019 - Third hatch ("Oscar") @ 12:41 AM PST
- April 20, 2019 - Fourth hatch ("Athena") @ 9:40 AM PST
- April 22, 2019 - Fifth hatch ("Hope") @ 11:50 AM PST
- April 25, 2019 - Sixth hatch ("Carol")
- April 30, 2019 - "Carol" passed
- May 2, 2019 - "Hope" passed
- June 18, 2019 - "Woodsy" fledges, 65 days
- June 21, 2019 - "Weeble" fledges, 66 days
- June 21, 2019 - "Oscar" fledges, 65 days
- June 26, 2019- "Athena" fledges, 67 days
- June 26, 2019- "Woodsy" spends first night away from nest
- June 26, 2019- 'Weeble" spends first night away from nest
- July 8, 2019- "Oscar" spends first night away from nest
- July 15, 2019- "Athena" spends first night away from nest
Season Summary: one egg laid, no hatches
- January 18, 2018 - Camera turned on for the season
- March 5, 2018 - First egg laid (watch clip)
The first egg was deemed non-viable
Click the menu icon in the upper left of the player to see more videos.
Barn Owl Cam
These community guidelines will provide a practical and ethical guide for using HDOnTap.com as well as set forth HDOnTap's official policies on acceptable community behavior and community rules. Guidelines may be updated from time to time. By reading, posting and participating in the HDOnTap community, you agree to abide by these community guidelines.
Comments on the HDOnTap.com website are facilitated through Spot.IM - user support for Spot.IM is available by emailing email@example.com and is not directly provided by HDOnTap. Users are required, to create a Spot.IM account in order to post comments. Posts that fail automatic moderation (see more on this below) are subject to moderator review prior to being posted and may be subject to up to a two-day delay.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Keep your comments focused on the topic at hand.
- Be polite and remember the "Golden Rule".
- No spamming, baiting or trolling.
- Limit personal information.
- Comments can be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Users can be banned at the discretion of the moderators.
You may only have one account per person. Multiple accounts for the same person will be removed and the originating IP Address may be blacklisted.
Please keep posts on topic. With regard to nest cams specifically, information on other nests may be limited or removed, especially when the featured nest is active. This is to limit confusion for community members and is at the sole discretion of HDOnTap staff and Live Cam Ambassadors.
Content that falls under the following is subject to immediate removal and potential user ban. Please note that this list is not exclusive and all moderation is at the ultimate discretion of HDOnTap.
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
- Trolling, impersonation or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off track
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content
- Spam or link baiting
- Acknowledgment of intent to stalk an individual, or collect or publish private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of this community
Banned users who attempt to circumvent their ban status may be subject to a complete IP ban and inability to access the HDOnTap website. Additionally, non-banned users are prohibited from posting on a banned user's behalf, and are subject to ban as a result.
On occasion, legitimate posts may fail automatic moderation and be marked as "Spam". When this occurs, the post will not be visible until it is manually moderated (subject to a 2-day delay). Users are encouraged to consider the following best practices to avoid the moderation queue:
- Avoid posting in all caps or with excessive capitalization
- Avoid posting with excessive punctuation
- Avoid rapid, repetetive posts of a similar or identical nature
Moderators and Moderation
HDOnTap.com is moderated by HDOnTap staff as well as appointed Live Cam Ambassadors. All moderators will be identified as such next to their display name.
Moderators will use their best judgment to apply these guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of the HDOnTap community. Moderators may not have the time or inclination to explain their moderation decisions and are under no obligations to do so. Any activity, comments, posts or other interaction that you may have with this community may be moderated, with or without explanation. Moderators have the final decision on what is and isn't acceptable use of this community.
Community members may also flag posts if they believe something may be in violation of our Community Guidelines. Once a post has been flagged, it will be reviewed by the moderation team. If a post has received multiple flags, it may be temporarily removed from the comments stream pending review.
Advertising, self-promotion and repeated posts of the same content - even a well thought out comment - are all considered spam and are subject to removal.
If you are not sure if something you want to post will breach community guidelines or in the event that you have a disagreement with a moderator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that response to inquiries of this kind are at the discretion of HDOnTap.
Last Edited on 2018-3-10
Help and Technical Support
Issues with Live Streaming
If your issue is not resolved by following the troubleshooting tips above, please click here to submit a speed test and support ticket.
Issues with commenting/Spot.IM
Get support for issues with comments (including log in issues) by emailing email@example.com.
Report an issue with another viewer by hovering over their post and clicking the down-arrow on the right, then selecting "Report". You may also report by creating a comment and tagging "@hdontap" to notify us directly.
We greatly value feedback from our viewers! We encourage you to fill out our Viewer Feedback Form to help us deliver the best viewing experience.