NEFL Bald Eagles
Welcome to the North East Florida Bald Eagle Nest Live Cam (NEFL)
Home of the Wild Bald Eagle Nesting Pair of Romeo & Juliet
In Partnership with the American Eagle Foundation • Powered by HDOnTap
Welcome to the 2018 - 2019 Nesting Season!
NEFL Nest Update:
We are excited to report that Juliet has laid her second egg - NE21, which was spotted on the nest cam for the first time November 17 at 2:39 p.m. NE21 joins NE20, which appeared November 14th at 1:16 p.m. EST. Both eggs are now safely nestled in the soft nest bowl. Incubation time is approximately 35 days from the time each egg was laid, so be sure to visit this page often for updates.
About the NEFL Live Cams
The NEFL Nest offers three high-definition camera views! Two cameras are mounted on the nest tree and provide different views of the nest. The third camera is mounted on a nearby tree at a lower angle and shows the nest tree and the canopy. If you watch for a while, you may be lucky enough to see eagles flying to and from the tree, and when the eaglets get to a certain size, you will see them begin to branch and ultimately fledge the nest.
The nest is equipped with an infrared light so viewers can watch all nightly activities in the nest . The eagles, nor humans, can see this light; it is outside the visible spectrum of light. If you were at the nest site, looking up at the tree at night, you would only see light from the moon or stars. The infrared light is converted into visible light (black and white) by the camera.
In order to protect the eagles and their nest, the specific location of this nest is private and cannot be disclosed.
About the American Eagle Foundation
The American Eagle Foundation (AEF) is a non-profit charitable organization established as a citizen’s effort in 1985, and receives no government funding. Its’ mission is to care for and protect the USA’s living symbol of freedom, the Bald Eagle, and other birds of prey through the four pillars of Education, Re-population, Conservation and Rehabilitation. The Foundation’s headquarters are located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in partnership with the Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, TN.
The educational impact of our high-definition nest cams has been phenomenal, providing unprecedented insight into the Bald Eagle nesting process. The AEF operates 3 additional nest cam locations in the eastern part of the United States; DC Eagle Cam, Smoky Mountain Eagle Cam, and Dollywood Eagle Cams. The AEF cam program also focuses on education, conservation, habitat protection, and the dangers that eagles still face in the wild.
The AEF, in cooperation with the USFWS and HDOnTap, provides 24/7 LIVE streaming video of wild eagle activities. Public education and video cam operation relative to the Northeast Florida Nest are provided by the AEF in cooperation with numerous dedicated staff members and volunteers.
Learn more about the NEFL cam!
NEFL Bald Eagle Nest History
2018 - 2019 Season
Season Summary: TBD!
- August 27, 2018 - Romeo returned to nest
- September 1, 2018 - Romeo returned to nest
- October 1, 2018 - Cameras turned on
- October 10, 2018 - First mating seen
- November 14, 2018 – First egg laid at 1:16 pm (watch clip)
- November 17, 2018 - Second egg laid at 2:39 pm (watch clip)
- We expect hatching to occur between December 19-23, 2018
2017 - 2018 Season
Season Summary: Romeo & Juliet successfully raised & fledged two eaglets named Sky & Spirit
- August 26, 2017- Romeo returned to nest
- August 27, 2017- Juliet returned to nest
- October 1, 2017- Cameras went live
- October 7, 2017- First mating seen
- November 2, 2017 – First egg laid
- November 5, 2017 - Second egg laid
- December 9, 2017- First egg hatched
- December 11, 2017- Second egg hatched
- February 7, 2018 - Sky first branched/perched on limb
- February 11, 2018 - Spirit first branched/perched on limb
- February 23, 2018 - Sky first fledged from nest tree
- February 25, 2018 - Spirit first fledged from nest tree
- April 8, 2018 - Sky permanently fledged nest/ left area
- April 12, 2018 - Spirit permanently fledged nest/ left area
- May 5, 2018 - Romeo left nest
- May 7, 2018 - Juliet left nest
2016 - 2017 Season
Season Summary: Romeo & Juliet successfully hatched two eaglets – named Peace & Hope. Hope was successfully reared by parents and fledged the nest. Peace was rescued and rehabbed by Audubon of Maitland, FL and successfully released into the wild at about 12 weeks of age.
- August 27, 2016 - Romeo returned to nest
- September 5, 2016 - Juliet returned to nest
- October 1, 2016 - Cameras went live
- October 5, 2016 - First mating seen
- November 11, 2016 - First egg laid
- November 14, 2016 - Second egg laid
- December 18, 2016 - First egg hatched
- December 20, 2016 - Second egg hatched
- February 10, 2017 - Peace rescued from nest due to visual illness - transferred to Audubon of Maitland, FL
- February 22, 2017 - Hope first branched/perched on limb
- February 28, 2017 - Peach first pearched (Audubon of Maitland, FL)
- March 2, 2017 - Hope first fledged from nest tree
- March 14, 2017 - Peach released from Audubon
- May 13, 2017 - Hope permanently fledged nest
- May 14, 2017 - Romeo left nest
- May 18, 2017 - Juliet left nest
2015 - 2016 Season
Season Summary: Romeo & Juliet successfully raised & fledged two eaglets – named Liberty & Justice
- August 28, 2015 - Romeo returned to the nest
- September 4, 2015 - Juliet returned to the nest
- October 1, 2015 - Cameras went live
- October 5, 2015 - First mating seen
- November 16, 2015 - First egg laid
- November 19, 2015 - Second egg laid
- December 22, 2015 - First egg hatched
- December 24, 2015 - Second egg hatched
- March 14, 2016 - Justice first branched/perched on limb
- March 18, 2016 - Liberty first perched on limb
- March 19, 2016 - Liberty & Justice first fledged from nest tree
- April 20, 2016 - Liberty & Justice permanently fledged nest/left area
- May 23, 2016 - Juliet left nest area
- May 27, 2016 - Romeo left nest area
2014 - 2015 Season
Season Summary: Romeo & Juliet successfully raised & fledged two eaglets – named Nick & Noel
2013 - 2014 Season
Season Summary: Romeo & Juliet successfully raised & fledged two eaglets – named Sampson & Delilah
For more detailed information on the NEFL nesting seasons dating from 2008 - 2013, please click here.
These community guidelines will provide a practical and ethical guide for using HDOnTap.com as well as set forth HDOnTap's official policies on acceptable community behavior and community rules. Guidelines may be updated from time to time. By reading, posting and participating in the HDOnTap community, you agree to abide by these community guidelines.
Comments on the HDOnTap.com website are facilitated through Spot.IM - user support for Spot.IM is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and is not directly provided by HDOnTap. Users are required, to create a Spot.IM account in order to post comments. Posts that fail automatic moderation (see more on this below) are subject to moderator review prior to being posted and may be subject to up to a two-day delay.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Keep your comments focused on the topic at hand.
- Be polite and remember the "Golden Rule".
- No spamming, baiting or trolling.
- Limit personal information.
- Comments can be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Users can be banned at the discretion of the moderators.
You may only have one account per person. Multiple accounts for the same person will be removed and the originating IP Address may be blacklisted.
Please keep posts on topic. With regard to nest cams specifically, information on other nests may be limited or removed, especially when the featured nest is active. This is to limit confusion for community members and is at the sole discretion of HDOnTap staff and Live Cam Ambassadors.
Content that falls under the following is subject to immediate removal and potential user ban. Please note that this list is not exclusive and all moderation is at the ultimate discretion of HDOnTap.
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
- Trolling, impersonation or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off track
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content
- Spam or link baiting
- Acknowledgment of intent to stalk an individual, or collect or publish private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of this community
Banned users who attempt to circumvent their ban status may be subject to a complete IP ban and inability to access the HDOnTap website. Additionally, non-banned users are prohibited from posting on a banned user's behalf, and are subject to ban as a result.
On occasion, legitimate posts may fail automatic moderation and be marked as "Spam". When this occurs, the post will not be visible until it is manually moderated (subject to a 2-day delay). Users are encouraged to consider the following best practices to avoid the moderation queue:
- Avoid posting in all caps or with excessive capitalization
- Avoid posting with excessive punctuation
- Avoid rapid, repetetive posts of a similar or identical nature
Moderators and Moderation
HDOnTap.com is moderated by HDOnTap staff as well as appointed Live Cam Ambassadors. All moderators will be identified as such next to their display name.
Moderators will use their best judgment to apply these guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of the HDOnTap community. Moderators may not have the time or inclination to explain their moderation decisions and are under no obligations to do so. Any activity, comments, posts or other interaction that you may have with this community may be moderated, with or without explanation. Moderators have the final decision on what is and isn't acceptable use of this community.
Community members may also flag posts if they believe something may be in violation of our Community Guidelines. Once a post has been flagged, it will be reviewed by the moderation team. If a post has received multiple flags, it may be temporarily removed from the comments stream pending review.
Advertising, self-promotion and repeated posts of the same content - even a well thought out comment - are all considered spam and are subject to removal.
If you are not sure if something you want to post will breach community guidelines or in the event that you have a disagreement with a moderator, please contact email@example.com. Please note that response to inquiries of this kind are at the discretion of HDOnTap.
Last Edited on 2018-3-10
Help and Technical Support
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue!
Get support for issues with comments (including log in issues) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report an issue with the information on this page by emailing us.
Report an issue with another viewer by hovering over their post and clicking the down-arrow on the right, then selecting "Report". You may also report by creating a comment and tagging "@hdontap" to notify us directly.
If you need assistance not covered above, please reach out to us at email@example.com.