Severna Park Osprey
Severna Park, MD
A LIVE VIEW OF SEVERNA PARK'S OSPREY NEST
Brought to you by the Maryland Raptor Rescue, Inc. • Powered by HDOnTap
ABOUT THE SEVERNA PARK OSPREY
Unique among North American raptors for its diet of live fish and ability to dive into water to catch them, ospreys are superb fishers and indeed eat little else - fish make up some 99% of their diet!
The Severna Park osprey nest was originally located on a light pole on the athletic field at Severna Park High School. After the ospreys migrated south in 2014, the light pole was removed for construction. When the osprey returned, they tried to build a new nest on top of a construction crane, beginning a daily routine of the construction crew removing the nesting material followed by the ospreys bringing it back. Ultimately, the ospreys built a nest on a live utility pole at the construction site, which was later rendered safe by BGE. The osprey completed their nesting season and migrated south again.
While the ospreys were gone, BGE erected a dedicated osprey platform to allow the ospreys a safe and long-term nesting location. This occured largely through the efforts of neighborhood couple Mark & Heather Jeweler, who also arranged the partnerships and planning to provide live streaming of this nest. They encourage anyone that recognizes a need to be come a peaceful, encouraging activist and make a difference.
ABOUT THE SEVERNA PARK OSPREY CAM
Located at Severna Park High School in Severna Park, MD, the Severna Park Osprey Cam is made possible by Maryland Raptor Rescue, Inc. in conjunction with HDOnTap, BGE, Comcast Business, Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Severna Park High School and the Chesapeake Audobon Society.
- April 5, 2018 - First egg laid
- April 8, 2018 - Second egg laid
- April 11, 2018 - Third egg laid
- April 14, 2018 - Fourth egg laid
- May 14, 2018 - First hatch
- May 17, 2018 - Second hatch
- May 18, 2018 - Second hatchling deceased
- May 20, 2018 - Third hatch
Clutch of three eggs, three hatches, two fledges
- March 11, 2017 - First sighting of male osprey near nest
- March 17, 2017 - Resident pair return to nest site
- April 12, 2017 - First egg laid
- April 15, 2017 - Second egg laid
- April 19, 2017 - Third egg laid
- May 20, 2017 - First hatch
- May 21, 2017 - Second hatch
- May 26, 2017- Third hatch
- June 8, 2017 - Hatchling deceased
- July 15, 2017 - First fledge
- July 19, 2017 - Second fledge
- September 28, 2017 - Cameras turned off for the season
Clutch of three eggs, two hatches, two fledges
- March 9, 2016 - Camera installed
- March 13, 2016 - Resident osprey pair return to nest site
- April 4, 2016 - First egg laid
- April 7, 2016 - Second egg laid
- April 10, 2016 - Third egg laid
- May 10, 2016 - First hatch
- May 14, 2016 - Second hatch
- May 20. 2016 - Non-viable egg removed from nest by parents
Click the menu icon in the upper left of the player to see more videos.
These community guidelines will provide a practical and ethical guide for using HDOnTap.com as well as set forth HDOnTap's official policies on acceptable community behavior and community rules. Guidelines may be updated from time to time. By reading, posting and participating in the HDOnTap community, you agree to abide by these community guidelines.
Comments on the HDOnTap.com website are facilitated through Spot.IM - user support for Spot.IM is available by emailing email@example.com and is not directly provided by HDOnTap. Users are required, to create a Spot.IM account in order to post comments. Posts that fail automatic moderation (see more on this below) are subject to moderator review prior to being posted and may be subject to up to a two-day delay.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Keep your comments focused on the topic at hand.
- Be polite and remember the "Golden Rule".
- No spamming, baiting or trolling.
- Limit personal information.
- Comments can be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- Users can be banned at the discretion of the moderators.
You may only have one account per person. Multiple accounts for the same person will be removed and the originating IP Address may be blacklisted.
Please keep posts on topic. With regard to nest cams specifically, information on other nests may be limited or removed, especially when the featured nest is active. This is to limit confusion for community members and is at the sole discretion of HDOnTap staff and Live Cam Ambassadors.
Content that falls under the following is subject to immediate removal and potential user ban. Please note that this list is not exclusive and all moderation is at the ultimate discretion of HDOnTap.
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language
- Trolling, impersonation or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off track
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content
- Spam or link baiting
- Acknowledgment of intent to stalk an individual, or collect or publish private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of this community
Banned users who attempt to circumvent their ban status may be subject to a complete IP ban and inability to access the HDOnTap website. Additionally, non-banned users are prohibited from posting on a banned user's behalf, and are subject to ban as a result.
On occasion, legitimate posts may fail automatic moderation and be marked as "Spam". When this occurs, the post will not be visible until it is manually moderated (subject to a 2-day delay). Users are encouraged to consider the following best practices to avoid the moderation queue:
- Avoid posting in all caps or with excessive capitalization
- Avoid posting with excessive punctuation
- Avoid rapid, repetetive posts of a similar or identical nature
Moderators and Moderation
HDOnTap.com is moderated by HDOnTap staff as well as appointed Live Cam Ambassadors. All moderators will be identified as such next to their display name.
Moderators will use their best judgment to apply these guidelines in a fair way and moderate activities appropriately to ensure the overall health of the HDOnTap community. Moderators may not have the time or inclination to explain their moderation decisions and are under no obligations to do so. Any activity, comments, posts or other interaction that you may have with this community may be moderated, with or without explanation. Moderators have the final decision on what is and isn't acceptable use of this community.
Community members may also flag posts if they believe something may be in violation of our Community Guidelines. Once a post has been flagged, it will be reviewed by the moderation team. If a post has received multiple flags, it may be temporarily removed from the comments stream pending review.
Advertising, self-promotion and repeated posts of the same content - even a well thought out comment - are all considered spam and are subject to removal.
If you are not sure if something you want to post will breach community guidelines or in the event that you have a disagreement with a moderator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that response to inquiries of this kind are at the discretion of HDOnTap.
Last Edited on 2018-3-10
Help and Technical Support
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue!
Get support for issues with comments (including log in issues) by emailing email@example.com.
Report an issue with the information on this page by emailing us.
Report an issue with another viewer by hovering over their post and clicking the down-arrow on the right, then selecting "Report". You may also report by creating a comment and tagging "@hdontap" to notify us directly.
If you need assistance not covered above, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.